commons-dev mailing list archives

From "ralph.goers @dslextreme.com" <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] experimental branch uses java.util.logging?
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:26:06 GMT
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:

> Ceki Gulcu a écrit :
>
>  There is also the overhead of converting each jul event to log4j
>> within the bridge. This overhead can be quite significant. In a
>> production system, you also have to synchronize the level of jul
>> logging with that of log4j. It's feasible but just more additional
>> work.
>>

> The overhead is acceptable for the limited logging requirements of Commons
> Configuration.

1. You have determined this how?
2. Commons Configuration needs more logging added. I have had difficulty
identifying problems because not enough logging is being done. I will be
adding this.

>  Have you already tested an application with Paul's bridge in production?
>>

> No, JUL is good enough for my needs.

But not for mine. I do plan on reverting configuration2 back to commons
logging when I get some time. I'd prefer SLF4J but this list has indicated
that commons logging is the preferred logging framework to use for commons
projects.

Ralph