commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL] svn props for svn commit: r784442
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:29:10 GMT
On 16/06/2009, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>  Thanks for looking at these patch(es) :-)
>  >>  Can you add svn props to the above files and fix your client config?
>

> Yes, sorry. I have done so now and fixed all the files sebb suggested
>  (checked it too with svn propset -R svn:eol-style native * )

There will be some files that don't require eol-style native, e.g.
binary files, and some people would also include .sh (LF), .bat/.cmd
(CRLF) so it's not a good idea to force everything to native.

>  However doing this on the files
>

>  > svn ps svn:eol-style native xdocs/style/maven.css
>  > svn ps svn:eol-style native xdocs/style/print.css
>  > svn ps svn:eol-style native xdocs/style/project.css
>  > svn ps svn:eol-style native xdocs/style/tigris.css
>

> brings:
>  svn: File 'xdocs/style/maven.css' has binary mime type property
>
>  Any idea?

Clearly the SVN defaults are badly wrong ;-)

svn pl -v shows:

Properties on 'maven.css':
  svn:mime-type
    application/octet-stream
  svn:keywords
    Date Author Id Revision HeadURL

I think one needs to remove the mime-type first:

svn pd svn:mime-type xxxx

[And I need to update my script to check for such anomalies!]