commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject [math] talk about commons-math
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:44:35 GMT
Hello,

I will give a talk on commons-math June 25th at a symposium organized by one of the technical
competence centers (CCT) at the french space agency (Centre National d'√Čtudes Spatiales,
CNES).

The theme of the symposium is on high performance computing and the organizer asked me to
present what we have done recently on commons-math.

I have a 45 minutes slots. I think I will first speak about general wrong ideas about java
and performances (some myth busting), then about the simple memory rearranging we did with
the last linear algebra classes and finish with some comparisons results with respect to Numerical
Recipes (optimized and not), Lapack and Atlas (optimized and not), different algorithms in
Lapacke and perhaps another BLAS implementation. I will also tell about the future work after
2.0 with MJT and native BLAS.

Do you have some ideas I should put on the slides or some material I could present ?

Luc