commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-compress-1.0 based on RC1
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 13:21:21 GMT
On 2009-05-11, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> jRPM appears to use AL 1.1 rather than AL 2.0, so the license text
> From the jrpm project should be added to LICENSE file.

ISTR the code has been granted to the ASF and we have relicensed it -
I can't seem to find any paper trail, though.

> The OSGI information in commons-compress-1.0.jar looks wrong - surely
> the compress packages should only be listed in the Export section, and
> not the Import section as well?

If you look at the examples on the bnd page
<http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd> you'll see that this is what bnd does
by default (aQute.service.channel is exported and imported at the same
time).  I think I've once followed a mail thread where Peter Kriens
explained why this is a good thing to do, but I'm in no way an OSGi
expert (not even a user) and forgot the reason by now.

Stefan