commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [math] top-level package name
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 06:32:44 GMT
Luc Maisonobe wrote at Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009 22:06:

> So let's vote on this proposal: change the top level package name on
> [math] from org.apache.commons.math to org.apache.commons.math2.
> [] +1 change the top level package name
> []  0 I don't care
> [] -1 keep the old name
> Vote open for 72 hours (up to Friday May 19th 20h00 UTC)

Remember that you will also have to change the Maven id. While it would be
enough going from

I wonder about future versions. Therefore I'd also propose to change the
artifact id (independently from changing the group id for this release) to

also reflecting the new package name.

Do we need an additional vote for this?

- Jörg

To unsubscribe, e-mail: