commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [math] top-level package name
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 06:32:44 GMT
Luc Maisonobe wrote at Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009 22:06:

[snip]

> So let's vote on this proposal: change the top level package name on
> [math] from org.apache.commons.math to org.apache.commons.math2.
>
> [] +1 change the top level package name
> []  0 I don't care
> [] -1 keep the old name
>
> Vote open for 72 hours (up to Friday May 19th 20h00 UTC)

+1

Remember that you will also have to change the Maven id. While it would be
enough going from

commons-math:commons-math

org.apache.commons:commons-math

I wonder about future versions. Therefore I'd also propose to change the
artifact id (independently from changing the group id for this release) to

org.apache.commons:commons-math2

also reflecting the new package name.

Do we need an additional vote for this?

- Jörg