commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-compress-1.0 based on RC1
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 12:52:31 GMT
sebb wrote at Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009 13:47:

> On 12/05/2009, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
>> sebb wrote at Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009 11:22:
>>
>>  [snip]
>>

>>  > One other change needed to SVN:
>>  >
>>  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
>>  >
src/main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/changes/ChangeSetResults.java
>>  > svn ps svn:eol-style native src/site/xdoc/download_compress.xml
>>  > svn ps svn:eol-style native
>>  >

src/test/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/ArchiveOutputStreamTest.java
>>  >
>>  > I think these files were added on an OS with EOL=LF, so best if you
>>  > apply the properties rather than me.
>>

>> It does not matter who adds the properties. Subversion will adjust the
>> line
>>  endings immediately according the property and your platform (and will
>>  fail e.g. on mixed line endings in the file).
>
> Yes, of course I can do it on Windows, but then the SVN commit message
> will probably show all the lines as having been changed. That should
> be avoided if it is done on an OS whose native EOL is the same as the
> current EOL.

No, it will only report the changed property as the end-of-line itself does
not belong anymore to the source itself, but to svn's meta data ;-)

- Jörg