commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [all] Core library dependencies [was COLLECTIONS 3.3 release]
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 07:01:05 GMT
Hi Hen,

Henri Yandell wrote at Sonntag, 10. Mai 2009 03:27:

> +1 on the low level libraries having no dependencies. C+P is a fine
> way to share - we just, as Torsten points out, need to use smart ways
> of C+Ping.
>
> +1 to Stephen on backwards compat (which is probably surprising given
> how much I argue with him on that subject).

I think there is a basic agreement on this, but back now to functor. In this
case it means more or less to include complete functor into collections
just for sake of no dependency. So, why had been functor created at all?
For a user of both components this is the worst case. Two identical but not
compatible interfaces for most of the stuff. Therefore, either merge
functor with collections (IIRC it was a spin off anyway) or make
collections depending.

- Jörg