commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [math] top-level package name
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 11:57:49 GMT
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 6:53 AM,  <luc.maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Considering the ongoing discussion in another thread, the current changes that have been
done on [math] for the last months belong to the major changes with large incompatibilities
with previous versions. We have already decided that the version number will be 2.0 to acknowledge
that. I know of at least one big international research project that uses commons-math 1.2
and will switch to 2.0 when it will be published. They have already faced compatibility problems
recently (two days ago).

> Should we change the top level package name from org.apache.commons.math to org.apache.commons.math2
?

I'd say yes.