commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <>
Subject Re: [compress] Two issues with releasing the release
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 10:19:55 GMT
>> Next dev. snapshot is 1.1.
> One has to wonder why we put the version number on the site :) It's
> completely meaningless and just leads to confusion.
> I think it dates in Maven from the notion that your site would be your
> documentation. However websites serve a completely different purpose
> from documentation so that died as an idea.
> We should stop including the version on the websites.

I agree. I am also thining that a website can be deployed more often
than the artifacts are. What if I have new examples or new, in depths
tutorials? Do I have to wait till a next release?
Decoupling artifact releasing and site releasing could help

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message