commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [releasing] SVN Tag creeated by maven
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 10:14:13 GMT
> If it is only the file names that contain the -RC2 suffix, then we can
> just rename those too.
> [May also need to edit the hash files, but that is easy to automate]

I am not sure if the steps afterwards fail since they are looking for
those filenames. Its maybe fixed int he newly created pom.xml, which
we had to edit too.

> However, if the directory names within the archives contain the -RC2
> suffix, then that is a different matter. Maybe a Maven expert can give
> advice here on how to work with immutable tags?

The wiki describes we simply should delete the tag:
"If vote fails, undo and redo previous steps as appropriate (make sure
SVN tag is deleted before recreating)"

Looks like it was consens that we don't do *-RC2 names. This way
dbutils was released. I am not sure if I want to break up this process
just for compress but rather go ahead and follow it. I am afraid
before tons of problems just because of a naming issue :-)

christian