commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-compress-1.0 based on RC1
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 10:43:38 GMT
>> I think similar, but this has been done automatically when following:
> Yes, I know; the original instructions (shown as outdated, at the
> bottom) imply that it is possible; seems to me it would be a lot
> better.

No its not outdated - just the last paragraph is outdated by the above writings:
"Procedure for creating a release using M2 (outdated by above)"
I think this wiki page is quite up to date (Dan did something on it
while releasing DBUtils i think).
However - a good discussion about this would be good. Dan created tag
names like we did with the same procedure:

I guess its worth a discussion on the list. I would hate it to delete
the tag manually from the repos, when making a new RC.

>> it runs on my box (OS X 10.4) - which system are you using?
> WinXP.
> But I think the problem is that the release archive was created on a
> different OS to the one where it was tested.
> You created the release using EOL=LF (I assume), I tested using
> EOL=CRLF, so the file size calculation was incorrect, because it
> assumed the file had EOL=CRLF.
> I've changed the test to use file.length() instead, but it would be
> useful if you could check that this still works on MacOs.

They are all running.
I don't know where the problem is, but according to Jörgs e-mail I
would say we can ignore for now. Just saw your PM with the properties,
I guess there is no need to answer any more

> Although there is not much wrong with the existing release, I would be
> happier if it was redone to incorporate the recent fixes.
> Would you mind very much re-doing the release?

Yes of course, I calculated doing roundabout 5 RCs before the actual
release happens :-) We have some left haha.

Would be good to know if I need to delete the tag before doing the
process again - willl ask on a seperate thread. Will do the RC
tomorrow morning (hopefully).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message