commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [ALL] fix site doc version so it agrees with release [was: [compress] Two issues with releasing the release]
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 12:58:58 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 7:08 AM, sebb <> wrote:
> On 22/05/2009, Christian Grobmeier <> wrote:
>> > Another minor glitch I noticed just now. All pages seem to include a
>>  > green "1.1-SNAPSHOT" in the grey headline, which may come in via the
>>  > generating style sheet or an ant property (I didn't check how the site
>>  > is generated).
>> Thanks, but it looks like "know issue":
>> :
>>  "E.3 Deploy the Site
>>  Run mvn site-deploy to deploy the site - please note that you are
>>  deploying the site of the next development snapshot. "
> That's awful - surely there has to be a better way to do this?
> Would it work if the site-deploy was run from a checkout of the release tag?

Yes, but often, there is value to having latest docs online as well,
and pointers to docs for more than one release. My SOP is:

a) On release, checkout tag, deploy site
b) Move docs (Javadocs, perhaps a user guide) to a release area
c) Checkout trunk, add nav menu to release area, deploy site
d) Maintain last few (3?) rolling release areas

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message