commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <>
Subject [dbutils] Version number for next release
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 15:43:09 GMT

With the release of DbUtils 1.2, we're actually basically already ready to
do another release of DbUtils, this time with enhancements specific to
Java 5 (generics + varargs).

The new Java 5 API is 100% compatible at runtime with the API of DbUtils
1.2 (or, at least, I tried to do so, I'll be sure to use API comparison
tools prior to release and fix any bugs I find).

I'd like to call this new release DbUtils 1.3.  I can imagine someone
arguing that it should be 2.0, but I don't think so; in DbUtils 1.2 we
just raised the required JRE version from 1.3 to 1.4 and I think that's

The difference between Java 1.4 and 1.5 is much bigger than the difference
between 1.3 and 1.4, but not so great, I think, that a major version bump
is required.

If nobody objects, I'll start preparing for a DbUtils 1.3 release in about
72 hours.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message