commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Fabulich <...@fabulich.com>
Subject Re: [releasing] SVN Tag creeated by maven
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 20:45:05 GMT
sebb wrote:

> Is it possible to create a tag with RC1, but leave the POM with
> DBUTILS_1_2?

If you use release:prepare to create a tag, it will insert *that* tag,
whatever it is, in the pom source.

Of course, you can always do what the release plugin does by hand.  That's
a surprisingly viable option, especially for single-module projects like
dbutils.  All the plugin does is:

* run some verification checks
* change the version number and the POM source link, check-in
* create the tag
* change the version number to the next development version, check-in

For small projects I maintain, I don't use the release plugin, partly for
this very reason.

-Dan