commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dimitri Pourbaix <pourb...@astro.ulb.ac.be>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [math] top-level package name
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 06:44:16 GMT
Hi,

> So let's vote on this proposal: change the top level package name on
> [math] from org.apache.commons.math to org.apache.commons.math2.
>
> [] +1 change the top level package name
> []  0 I don't care
> [] -1 keep the old name

Having read all the arguments in favor of math2 and despite still being
convinced that the release number should NOT be part of the name, I
change my vote to +1.  I do not want to share any responsibility in any
jar hell/mess. :)

Regards,
  Dim.
Dimitri Pourbaix                         *
Institut d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique *      Don't worry, be happy
CP 226, office 2.N4.211, building NO     *         and CARPE DIEM.
Universite Libre de Bruxelles            *
Boulevard du Triomphe                    *      Tel : +32-2-650.35.71
  B-1050 Bruxelles                        *      Fax : +32-2-650.42.26
http://sb9.astro.ulb.ac.be/~pourbaix     * mailto:pourbaix@astro.ulb.ac.be