commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject RE: commons-logging version 0.0.0-EMPTY
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 14:36:46 GMT
> >> Nice would be, as opposite to the <dependencies>, to have a global <excludes>,
no?

> >> That way, problems like this are sorted out once and for all.
> >>

> > +1

> Jochen, you do realize that global exclusions would suffer from the same
> problems as you described in the A B C scenario.

The same problems, but it would be nice anyway. It feels clearer than the 0.0 "hack". Notice,
I am not against it, but I also do not have many arguments for it - I think the dev should
simply exclude whats not neccessary/wanted. Its clear then from the pom and hard enough for
any library developer to not to do it ;-)

Ciao,
Mario ... (leaving the scene through the left door ;-) )