commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] 3.3 release
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 07:47:45 GMT
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 03:04, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Using what strategy, Torsten?
>>
>> Not sure I understand the question. But let's try:
>
> I think the question was "using what existing
> technology/framework/tool/etc"?  Something like uberjar, perhaps?

 http://vafer.org/blog/tag/minijar

My minijar project did exactly that - but the latest code still needs
some work. (Would be an opportunity/reason to fix it)
But I think Jason took over and the successor is now the maven shade
plugin. (Which was actually used for their last releases AFAIK)

 http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/examples/includes-excludes.html

I know they were also interested in the class optimization but I would
need to check with Jason whether that is in yet, still experimental or
now in a different plugin.

But after all jarjar also changed it's license and implemented the jar
optimization I've done in minijar.

 http://code.google.com/p/jarjar/
 http://sixlegs.com/blog/java/jarjar-keep.html

So there should be plenty ways of doing that.

cheers
--
Torsten