commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] 3.3 release
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 00:46:12 GMT
> Using what strategy, Torsten?

Not sure I understand the question. But let's try:

In the source code "org.apache.commons.something" uses "org.apache.commons.else"

In the released jar "org.apache.commons.something" will use
"x<sha1>.org.apache.commons.else"

All dependencies are getting in-lined and are anonymous/hidden that
way. No room for clashes nothing. The only thing that might be a
little trickier (at least I haven't done that before) is to provide a
proper src jar for debugging (the dependencies). On top of that you
can do some optimization so only the classes really needed get
included. So the size of the final jar does not become a full sum of
all it's dependencies.

cheers
--
Torsten