commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] 3.3 release
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 23:43:41 GMT
> I think its really important that [collections] has no dependencies. As part of that,
I'd also suggest that [functor] shouldn't have dependencies.

> While I understand the arguments of just picking up another jar if your using it, of
tools like maven, and of eating dog food, when push comes to shove, I believe that one of
the core conceptual attributes of [collections] is that it stands alone. The list archives
contains more detailed discussion on this for those wanting to hunt it down ;-)

> Given that I am removed from the coding aspects of this these days, I won't -1 any decisions
on this. But I will register that I believe my position very strongly.

I keep on saying that: let's use dependency in-lining