commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [math] top-level package name
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 00:46:11 GMT
-1

IMO breaking compatibility should be decided on a case-by-case basis
for components. For the widely used variety such as lang, logging,
collections etc then I agree lets avoid jar-hell and not do it. But
for other components that are not so widely used then such as Math I
think its better to minimize the pain of upgrading for the user.

Niall