commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Brewer <Steve.Bre...@lumension.com>
Subject Bug in beanutils FloatLocalConverter.parse
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:26:26 GMT
I ran into this issue using commons-beanutils through Jasper Reports.  FloatLocalConverter.parse
throws an exception for valid floats less than or equal to 0.  The code parses the value into
a double, which it then checks to make sure is a value float.  It checks posDouble < Float.MIN_VALUE,
which is surprisingly not correct.  Float.MIN_VALUE is the smallest positive float (as close
as you can get to 0 without being 0), not the most negative float possible.   I've checked
out the source code, fixed the bug, and tested.   How should I go about checking this in?

Thanks,
-Steve Brewer