commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [sanselan] Next steps
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 23:02:49 GMT
Here's my take on graduating Sanselan from incubator to commons.

1. Sanselan has been accepted by Commons.
2. The active committers have been granted write access to the
repository.

Remaining issues:

1. Deciding on the package name for sanselan at commons.
2. Deciding on the brand name for sanselan.
3. Voting sanselan out of incubation.
4. Migrating the code from incubator/sanselan to commons/proper/
sanselan and repackaging everything.

Regarding issue 1, the clear preference by the primary contributors to
the project is to use org.apache.commons.sanselan.

Regarding issue 2, the software will continue to be known as sanselan.
So I don't think it much matters whether it's Commons Sanselan or
Commons Image - Sanselan. Anyone landing on the commons web page
looking for image processing will find it. And anyone using any
popular web search engine to look for "java image apache" will find
it. So this item is primarily talking about what it's called on its
own individual web page in the commons web site.

Regarding 3, I think we're ready to vote sanselan out of incubation.
I'll start the vote once we're agreed here.

Regarding 4, once 3 is done the project committers can easily perform
this task.

What say you all?

Craig