commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [sanselan] Next steps
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 23:02:49 GMT
Here's my take on graduating Sanselan from incubator to commons.

1. Sanselan has been accepted by Commons.
2. The active committers have been granted write access to the  

Remaining issues:

1. Deciding on the package name for sanselan at commons.
2. Deciding on the brand name for sanselan.
3. Voting sanselan out of incubation.
4. Migrating the code from incubator/sanselan to commons/proper/ 
sanselan and repackaging everything.

Regarding issue 1, the clear preference by the primary contributors to  
the project is to use org.apache.commons.sanselan.

Regarding issue 2, the software will continue to be known as sanselan.  
So I don't think it much matters whether it's Commons Sanselan or  
Commons Image - Sanselan. Anyone landing on the commons web page  
looking for image processing will find it. And anyone using any  
popular web search engine to look for "java image apache" will find  
it. So this item is primarily talking about what it's called on its  
own individual web page in the commons web site.

Regarding 3, I think we're ready to vote sanselan out of incubation.  
I'll start the vote once we're agreed here.

Regarding 4, once 3 is done the project committers can easily perform  
this task.

What say you all?


On May 18, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So where are we now with moving/graduating Sanselan?
> Regards
> Carsten
> -- 
> Carsten Ziegeler
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Craig L Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System
408 276-5638
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

View raw message