commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject [jxpath] Adding functions
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 11:30:55 GMT
I played a bit with JXPath today to implement the ends-with() function.
I thought it would be a quick copy&paste of the starts-with() function,
but that was a little more tricky. The function is referenced in several
places, and I had to regenerate the parser with JavaCC.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a more modular design for the
core functions. Since there is already a Function interface, the core
functions could be implemented as individual classes implementing this
interface. But maybe there was a reason for handling the core functions
differently from the user defined functions?

Also worth noting, I tried to generate the parser with JavaCC 4.1
through the Maven2 plugin but it failed. StressTest displayed a huge
call trace on the console and died with an OutOfMemoryError, even with
1GB of RAM allocated to Maven.

Emmanuel Bourg