commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Incorrect release info in the doap files
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 21:17:09 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> I noticed that most of the Commons components listed on
> projects.apache.org have an empty release history. This is due to an
> incorrect syntax in the doap files. The releases are defined with:
>
>   <revision>
>     <name>commons-codec</name>
>     <created>2004-07-10</created>
>     <version>1.3</version>
>   </revision>
>
> but it should be:
>
>   <Version>
>     <name>commons-codec</name>
>     <created>2004-07-10</created>
>     <revision>1.3</revision>
>   </Version>
>
> that's, the "revision" tags become "Version" (case sensitive), and
> "version" becomes "revision".
>
> The following projects use the right syntax:
>
> CLI

I've been trying to find a definite resource for the syntax to use, I
don't understand the RDF schema at http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap.

That being said, the validator at W3C doesn't like the new syntax any
better than the old one:

http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/ARPServlet?URI=http%3A%2F%2Fsvn.eu.apache.org%2Frepos%2Fasf%2Fcommons%2Fproper%2Fcli%2Ftrunk%2Fdoap_cli.rdf&PARSE=Parse+URI%3A+&TRIPLES_AND_GRAPH=PRINT_TRIPLES&FORMAT=PNG_EMBED

Are you only allowed to have one Version under the release element?

> Configuration
> Modeler
> Pool
> Validator
>
> Could everyone look at their projects and fix the files please?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Dennis Lundberg