commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] Exception in GKOP allocate()
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 00:45:28 GMT
When I do this
                // Second utilise any spare capacity to create new objects
                if ((_maxActive < 0 || pool.activeCount +
pool.internalProcessingCount < _maxActive) &&
                        (_maxTotal < 0 || _totalActive + _totalIdle +
_totalInternalProcessing < _maxTotal)) {
                    // allow new object to be created
                    try {
                    _allocationQueue.removeFirst();
                    } catch (Exception ex) {
                        System.out.println(latch.toString());
                    }

and add a toString for Latch, I get this output with 10 threads going
after randomly generated numerical keys between 0 and 19.  Note that the
config that I posted causes latency to be simulated for factory
methods.  There are usually 8 of these at the beginning of a run.
_mayCreate is always true (does that make sense?),  activeCount can be
1, idle count is always 0, internal processing count is always positive
(as large as 8) and _pair is always null.

     [java] _mayCreate = true
     [java]  key = 18
     [java]  ObjectTimeStampPair = NULL
     [java]  pool:
     [java]    activeCount = 0
     [java]    idle count = 0
     [java]    internal processing count = 2
     [java]
     [java] _mayCreate = true
     [java]  key = 18
     [java]  ObjectTimeStampPair = NULL
     [java]  pool:
     [java]    activeCount = 0
     [java]    idle count = 0
     [java]    internal processing count = 4
     [java]
     [java] _mayCreate = true
     [java]  key = 14
     [java]  ObjectTimeStampPair = NULL
     [java]  pool:
     [java]    activeCount = 0
     [java]    idle count = 0
     [java]    internal processing count = 1'

Phil