commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] top-level package name
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 17:30:36 GMT
luc.maisonobe@free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Considering the ongoing discussion in another thread, the current changes that have been
done on [math] for the last months belong to the major changes with large incompatibilities
with previous versions. We have already decided that the version number will be 2.0 to acknowledge
that. I know of at least one big international research project that uses commons-math 1.2
and will switch to 2.0 when it will be published. They have already faced compatibility problems
recently (two days ago).

> Should we change the top level package name from org.apache.commons.math to org.apache.commons.math2
?

> Luc

+1 and +1 for the namespace change suggested by Jorg, the opportunity to
do which is a positive side effect of the package name change.

Phil