commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] rank transformations - r776311 commit
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 14:02:45 GMT
This is required (at least the default impl) for MATH-136 (Spearman's
corr).  I am not in love with the API, but need something to use for
Spearman's.  In particular, I am not sure the "strategy" enums should be
public (or even exist?  Problem is too many combinations to make little
impls for each).  The setup is pretty much the same as R's rank()
function with the NaN and tie strategies corresponding to the options
available there.  Comments, suggestions for improvement, patches
welcome!  I have the Spearmans class coded using this, but will wait to
commit until others have had a chance to review.  Thanks in advance.

Phil