commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [all] Rebooting commons projects
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 12:33:01 GMT

On May 18, 2009, at 2:39 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> HttpClient is another example that is complained about by users :) The
> only saving grace of v4 is that it is now named HttpComponents Core
> (fitting Stephen's suggestion of a new name).

Well, this is kinda appropriate because I really have some ideas and
code regarding CLI... 1.0 is used all over, and 1.1 is "not so much"
and yet I personally like 1.1 better (when it works)... My hope is
to create a 1.2 which becomes a more recent standard but at the same
time not break, as much as possible, people who are using 1.0.