commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] fix site doc version so it agrees with release [was: [compress] Two issues with releasing the release]
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 08:06:00 GMT
On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:

>> We're the victims of an experiment that was only half completed imo.
>>

> +1.  I tend to remove the development reports when I cut RCs and roll
> releases.  I also favor having the www website focussed on current
> development, with prior release documentation linked - i.e., javadoc for the
> last few releases linked in the nav.  I also like to include a fully
> generated website with the distribution.

Big downside of that is that:

a) We have to start ditching the various GPL reports. Findbugs +
Cobertura jump out.
b) It makes for very confusing documentation. The website and
documentation should be in different contexts - the website for
example is multi-release while documentation is per release.
c) Baking the website in the release adds an order of pain to the
release going out - it's very nice (agile) to be able to not consider
website issues as blocking when releasing a component.

Hen