commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [compress] Two issues with releasing the release
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 04:15:27 GMT
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Another minor glitch I noticed just now. All pages seem to include a
>> green "1.1-SNAPSHOT" in the grey headline, which may come in via the
>> generating style sheet or an ant property (I didn't check how the site
>> is generated).
>
> Thanks, but it looks like "know issue":
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases :
>
> "E.3 Deploy the Site
>
> Run mvn site-deploy to deploy the site - please note that you are
> deploying the site of the next development snapshot. "
>
> Next dev. snapshot is 1.1.

One has to wonder why we put the version number on the site :) It's
completely meaningless and just leads to confusion.

I think it dates in Maven from the notion that your site would be your
documentation. However websites serve a completely different purpose
from documentation so that died as an idea.

We should stop including the version on the websites.

Hen