commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commons-logging version 0.0.0-EMPTY
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 11:05:15 GMT
On 22/05/2009, Ceki Gulcu <ceki@qos.ch> wrote:

>  Niall Pemberton wrote:
>

> > So the alternative to releasing the version to the main maven repo is
> > to setup a one-off repo just containing this 0.0-EMPTY version of
> > logging and users who want to depend on it adding that repo to their
> > pom along with the 0.0-EMPTY dependency. Thats just a few extra lines
> > of XML and guarantees there can be no problem. I don't think we should
> > do this if theres a potential problem for commons-logging users that
> > don't want this hack and a simple and easy solution for those that do.
> >

>  Ironically enough, what you describe is precisely the situation we
>  had at the outset of this thread: http://tinyurl.com/ver99

Given that this process has stalled, has anyone tried using
<scope>system</scope> to try and prevent the cl jar from being
downloaded or added to class-paths?

[Scope "provided" does not work, because the class-path is changed.]

I know some people consider this an abuse of <scope>, but all of this
is a hack anyway.