commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POOL] 1.5 release prep
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 21:47:41 GMT
On 20/05/2009, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> I believe I have addressed all the currently known issues standing
>  between the pool code and a 1.5 release.
>
>  I know Phil is doing / will be doing various performance tests. If
>  anyone else has any issues now would be a good time to mention it.

Just spotted:

GenericKeyedObjectPool.ObjectTimestampPair.value
GenericKeyedObjectPool.ObjectTimestampPair.tstamp

could be made private & final.
This will make the class immutable and thread-safe.

If GKOP.ObjectQueue is shared between threads, then activeCount needs
to be synchronized. Just changing the increment/decrement methods to
include the field in the synch. block should work, as the read access
is in GenericKeyedObjectPool.getNumActive() which synch.s on the same
lock.