commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [releasing] SVN Tag creeated by maven
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 10:00:46 GMT
On 13/05/2009, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>  >  Who can delete this tag please?
>  >>
>  >> Try using https: instead of http:
>

> *arg* yes of course
>

>  > But why not try creating tag RC2 first, we vote on that, and if it
>  > succeeds we rename RC2 as the GA release tag?
>

> cause the files which are created by maven during release process do
>  also contain -RC2 when deploying to staging area. I would have to
>  check out and rerun the procedure with the "normal" name. I can do
>  that of course, but the build isn't the same on which we voted. If
>  that isn't a problem we can do so.

If it is only the file names that contain the -RC2 suffix, then we can
just rename those too.
[May also need to edit the hash files, but that is easy to automate]

However, if the directory names within the archives contain the -RC2
suffix, then that is a different matter. Maybe a Maven expert can give
advice here on how to work with immutable tags?