commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-compress-1.0 based on RC1
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 16:57:19 GMT
On 11/05/2009, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> jRPM appears to use AL 1.1 rather than AL 2.0, so the license text
>  >> From the jrpm project should be added to LICENSE file.
>  >
>  > ISTR the code has been granted to the ASF and we have relicensed it -
>  > I can't seem to find any paper trail, though.
>

> jRPM has updated the license themself after i requested it.
>  See: http://jrpm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jrpm/trunk/LICENSE.txt?revision=25&view=markup

I see.

That's actually the AL header, rather than the AL 2.0 License.

The web-site still has:

http://jrpm.sourceforge.net/maven-reports.html
which has the license link:
http://jrpm.sourceforge.net/license.html

>  We have added credits to them in the notice file:
>  "Original CPIO classes contributed by Markus Kuss and the jRPM project
>  (jrpm.sourceforge.net)"

Yes, that's good, except it should probably also include whatever
copyright statement was in the original code, perhaps "Copyright 2003
jRPM Team" which is what the AL header above has.

>  About the other issues, will reply tomorrow .-)
>  Cheers

I'll try and fix the test failure and manifest entries in case we need
to re-roll the release.