commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Halliday <>
Subject Re: [math] Re: commons-math, matrix-toolkits-java and consolidation
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 08:27:09 GMT

Bill, I strongly discourage adding these methods at this time. We will regret

If you don't want to change (i.e. add new methods) to an interface, then the
sensible thing is to omit these interfaces for 2.0 and introduce them with

Bill Barker wrote:
> What I actually went for is to add getSparcity to the SparseRealVector
> interface (should be easy to calculate in one dimension, and mostly useful
> for DEBUG level logging, so stubbing it shouldn't be a problem if not),
> and
> getShape for the SparseRealMatrix interface that returns an enum that
> currently only has the value of 'Any'.
> I really don't like the idea of changing the API between minor releases,
> so
> put in place-holders for what seems to be the consensus for going forward.

Sent from the Commons - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message