commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] top-level package name
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 15:10:16 GMT
Hi.

> Given that there *are* incompatibilities, I am +1 on the package renaming.
>
>> Should we change the top level package name from org.apache.commons.math to org.apache.commons.math2
?

I don't understand why version 2.0 should be assimilated to a new project.
Is there someone who is going to work on the v1.2 code base? If not, what is
the gain?
Anyone who has an application that runs under v1.2 can still use the
old JAR, which will be forever compatible.
As it has been said, upgrading to a new major release may involve
incompatible changes.

Gilles