commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Meikle <loo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [resources] Supported Build Tools
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 21:24:46 GMT
Hi,

2009/5/17 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>

> i'd prefer just to maintain a maven 2 if we're looking just to maintain
> a JDK1.5+ version.
>
> jdk1.4 is now EOL'd and i don't have any particular need to support 1.4
> but i'm happy to target 1.4 if there's a need.

+1 from me -  that is what I had done with my local copy. Although I have
some Java 1.4 projects, targeting 1.5 sounds good to me as these will be
moving up the way.

We could do what we do in Tika and run the retrotranslator plugin in the
Maven build to allow the classes to be used on 1.4.

Cheers,
Dave