commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject [math] top-level package name
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 10:53:54 GMT
Hello,

Considering the ongoing discussion in another thread, the current changes that have been done
on [math] for the last months belong to the major changes with large incompatibilities with
previous versions. We have already decided that the version number will be 2.0 to acknowledge
that. I know of at least one big international research project that uses commons-math 1.2
and will switch to 2.0 when it will be published. They have already faced compatibility problems
recently (two days ago).

Should we change the top level package name from org.apache.commons.math to org.apache.commons.math2
?

Luc