commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-vfs (in module apache-commons) failed
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:34:04 GMT
On 2009-04-07, Gump <issues@commons.apache.org> wrote:

> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:test-jar:tests:2.0-SNAPSHOT

>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons -DartifactId=commons-vfs
-Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=tests -Dpackaging=test-jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.commons -DartifactId=commons-vfs -Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT
-Dclassifier=tests -Dpackaging=test-jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

>   Path to dependency:
>   	1) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs-sandbox:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
>   	2) org.apache.commons:commons-vfs:test-jar:tests:2.0-SNAPSHOT

> ----------

This happens because I've set maven.test.skip to true (since one of
VFS' unit tests is failing in Gump and I wanted to separate building
from testing).  mvn doesn't build the test jar if tests are skipped.

For the time being I'll revert that but since we face similar problems
in other reactor builds as well, I may as well ask here what the best
approach would be.  Does vfs-sandbox really need the test jar?  Would
there be any way to tell the sandbox build that it doesn't need it
because tests are being skipped?

Releated to that: we don't really want to build the sandbox at all, or
not at that point.  Gump has a separate porject for vfs-sandbox.
Maybe we shouldn't use the reactor build but instead dive into the
core subdirectory and build there.

Stefan