commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r762766 - /commons/sandbox/runtime/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/runtime/OS.java
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:51:26 GMT
Hi Mladen,

On 2009-04-07, <mturk@apache.org> wrote:

> Log:
> Opps. Now you know from where this class originated :)

> -/*
> - *  SIGHT - System information gathering hybrid tool
> - *
> - *  Copyright(c) 2007 Red Hat Middleware, LLC,

> - *
> - *  This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> - *  modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public

Is this software you've developed alone and that just had the
"Copyright by Red Hat" and LGPL headers in it by accident (say an IDE
template) or is this really software that existed at Red Hat before
you committed it here?

In the later case well need a software grant for it since we cannot
simply fork a LGPLed code base under the Apache License.

Cheers

        Stefan