commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: commons-logging unsuited for cross-context webapplication invocation usage - migrating to slf4j?
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 06:41:04 GMT

Ralph Goers wrote at Dienstag, 21. April 2009 01:03:

> FWIW - I subscribe to this list so I saw the message but have not
> participated in the discussion.

Actually it would be nice if people would report problems in first place.

> This just adds to my concern with respect to what to do with commons
> logging.

As I said earlier, choosing SLF4J in a solution might be appropriate, but
not for small components that should be used everywhere. Pluto will have to
deal with a lot of components using CL and must adjust dependencies, but
that's their choice. And with those components using CL they actually have
the choice - this is for me the important part.

- Jörg