commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Possible incubation?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:09:37 GMT
Hi Gaurav,

gauravarora@codercorp.com wrote at Mittwoch, 8. April 2009 12:30:

> I think it's more valid to look at Jeha as a framework that only handles
> what you ask to handle. In the case you describe, if you don't ask Jeha to
> handle a certain type of exception, then that exception is simply
> propagated up the stack.

There's no propagation. I cannot ask Jeha to handle certain exceptions only.
This depends on the ones I have catched. If I catch Exception directly then
all is passed to my handler. From within the handler I can only throw (or
rethrow) a RuntimeException or return one specific checked exception as
result ...

> I don't think it interferes with the method
> signature, unless i'm missing something.

...  which I have to cast before throwing it to respect the method's
signature. To "propagate" a RuntimeException or specific checked
exceptions, I have to write catch handlers for the ones I wanna handle and
call the Jeha handler in all those catch blocks. And that is the time where
I ask myself what I gain ;-)

- Jörg