commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commons-logging unsuited for cross-context webapplication invocation usage - migrating to slf4j?
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 01:20:05 GMT
One more note: Ceki is, of course, aware of that. Quoting
http://www.slf4j.org/manual.html

  For example, the slf4j-log12-1.5.6.jar binding is bound at compile
time to use log4j. In your
  code, in addition to slf4j-api-1.5.6.jar, you simply drop one and
only one binding of your
  choice onto the appropriate class path location. Please do not place
more than one binding
  on your class path because SLF4J can bind with one and only one
logging framework at a time.

Do you really believe, you can guarantee that there is a single
binding file, should SLF4J be in
widespread use?