commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commons-logging unsuited for cross-context webapplication invocation usage - migrating to slf4j?
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:09:47 GMT
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the SLF4J website specifically says it is not necessary to recompile:
>
> http://www.slf4j.org/manual.html#swapping
>
> i.e. SLF4J chooses the logging implementation based in which logging
> implementation it finds on the classpath; there must be only one such.
>
> I'm not saying SLF4J is better or worse than CL, but they both allow
> the implementation to be configured without recompilation.

Thanks, that means that I'll drawback from this discussion. I'd only
like to note that I'd clearly prefer, if we all could stick to a
single logging system, regardless what.

Jochen

---
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)