commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] experimental branch uses java.util.logging?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:08:15 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote at Mittwoch, 15. April 2009 03:18:

> By contrast, SLF4J supports many more variations of these, primarily
> because it supports Markers (which I will refer to in a moment).  In
> addition, SLF4J supports a message syntax that in many cases
> eliminates the need to wrap all the logging calls with if
> (logger.isXXXEnabled()).

All true, but fix me if I'm wrong: My understanding is that SLF4J
requires recompiling the sources. That's a blocker, IMO.

Jochen

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)