commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <>
Subject Re: [COMPRESS] COMPRESS-64 - enforcing correct sequence of API calls
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:12:54 GMT
> Well, it may involve a bit more work now - which I don't mind doing -
> but adding a new archiver should be easier, as it would not have to do
> the state checking.
> The idea is to have the re-usable code in the abstract super-class.

I completly understand your point. But does this bring so much
benefit? We check for two fields, I am not sure if this brings so much

Additionally, if we do this, I would prefer to have:

doFinish instead of finish0 in the subclasses :-) That 0 looks so...
technical :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message