commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [COMPRESS] Changeset design
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:55:05 GMT
Usecase was:
- File A is added
- something else
- File A is deleted, cause the system has another state now.

File A must noot be added at all, so delete it from the current
ChangeSet and leave it for deletions of an existing stream. I am not
sure if there is a Usecaase for this. Definitly it would be more
easier without this. However, thinking on applications like VFS (which
allready waits for commonos-compress) I don't think that could be
impossible.

Then there is the case, that you want to replace an existing entry.
You would do it like that:

- Delete File A from the current stream
- Add File A to the Stream

If you don't delete the file, two files with the same name are in one
archive, which is bad. Maybe we hs ould have an Cchange of type ==
replace which puts those delete change and the add change in order?

Christian