commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject [compress] Any more issues before release 1.0?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:37:36 GMT
Hi all,

today we have resolved all remaining issues in Jira.
Open and unscheduled Issues are:

* COMPRESS-62   	 Need many more test cases to check that can read
"real" archives
* COMPRESS-64 	Are the public finish() methods ArchiveOutputStream
implementations necessary and safe?
* COMPRESS-63 	String#getBytes() is platform dependent
* COMPRESS-54 	Add 7zip or RAR archive support

Should we schedule any issues before 1.0?
I think 64 and 63 should be resolved before we release.

* There are several ideas for ChangeSet open, but it's marked
experimental and the most important are included. Imho not necessary
for 1.0
* The abstract CompressArchiveIn/OutputStreams do nothing and are
simply marker interfaces at the moment. Should we change them to
interfaces, sincce they are abstract?

All the other stuff looks complete and I think we should think on a
release soon. I don't have any expierence with releasing at apache,
but I am willing to read, learn and do it finally. :-)

Best,
Christian