commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject [compress] Debugflag in Tar classes
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 08:23:40 GMT
Hi,

TarArchiveOutputStream, TarArchiveInputStream and TarBuffer contain a
variable named "debug". In the first class it does nothing.
If it is set in TarBuffer the flag produces some weird output on System.err.
Like this:

if (numBytes != blockSize) {
                if (debug) {
                    System.err.println("ReadBlock: INCOMPLETE READ "
                                       + numBytes + " of " + blockSize
                                       + " bytes read.");
                }
            }

Sine I really don't like those System.err.println stuff I would like
to remove it from the classes including the debug flag. We don't have
something similar for the other classes and i really don't see how
messages like:

System.err.println("ReadBlock: blkIdx = " + currBlkIdx);

could help me :-) (or another human beeing)

If noone shouts, i will go for it soon.

Cheers,
Christian