commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] "equals" in "Vector3D"
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:53:51 GMT
That sounds very reasonable, but I wasn't the person with the need.

Also, for equality checking, especially in 3D, all of these will be very,
very close to the same.  For very high numbers of dimensions, the
differences between boxes and balls becomes fairly extreme.  In particular,
the corners of unit cubes (with a side length of 1) will begin to stick out
of the unit sphere (with a DIAmeter of 2).  Beyond that point, things get
very strange.